Thursday 27 March 2008

Bush's Response to China

'Bush phones China's president about Tibet protestors'


Bush expressed concerns but said no to boycotting the Olympics. The only world leader open to the option of boycotting the Olympics is French President Sarkozy. The call from the pro-Tibet movement to boycott the Olympics seem to have been miscontrued. I read in a recent article that protestors merely want countries to boycott the opening ceremony to make a strong statement, not the entire summer Olympics. But I could be wrong on this point.

Anyway, if you are reading this blog, I would love to know what you think about the Tibet/China issue. Leave a comment, or drop me an email if you like. Pro-China? Pro-Tibet? Pro-apathy? Let me know. And if it is not obvious enough, I am 110% pro-Tibet and a strong believer in human rights.


'China lets foreign journalists visit Tibet'

No comments: